"RENSSELEARSWYCK LANDSCAPE " 2013,
Rensselearswyck stone/pigmented and sealed steel
9.5"h x24"w x6"d
Rensselaerswyck ( Dutch : Rensselaerswijck ) is the name of a colonial estate specifically, a Dutch patroonship
and later an English manor owned by the van Rensselaer family that was located in what is now mainly the Capital District of New York in the United States.
The estate was originally deeded by the Dutch West India Company in 1630 to Kiliaen van Rensselaer , a Dutch merchant and one
of the company's original directors. Rensselaerswyck lay on both sides of the Hudson River near present-day Albany and included parts of the present
New York counties of Albany , Columbia, Greene , and Rensselaer .